Roof Replacement & Installation in Las Vegas
Upgrade Your Residential or Commercial Property
At Professional Roofing Services, we’re here to cater to all your Las Vegas roof replacement and installation needs. Whether you’re in the process of turning your dream house into reality, trying to increase your property’s curb appeal and maximize its marketability, or just looking to make those basic home improvements you’ve been putting off, we can help. No matter which stage of home-ownership you’re in when you contact us, we’ll stick by your side from the beginning of the service process to the end. Our goal is to address the unique needs of your individual property, and make sure all your concerns are heard. And with installation and replacement for Las Vegas commercial properties, too, there’s no reason not to call Professional Roofing Services the next time you need to upgrade your roof.
Don’t let your beautiful home or business be ruined by an old roof! For more information on installing a new roof in Las Vegas or Spring Valley, call (702) 500-0670 today.
We understand that replacing your roof isn’t most people’s idea of a good time. Roof replacement is a huge project, and requires a skilled professional to get the job done right. At Professional Roofing Services, we're committed to providing you with top-notch service. Backed by over 30 years of experience and the Henderson and Las Vegas Chambers of Commerce, we know just how to take your roof from drab to fab.
Signs Your Roof Needs to be Replaced
While roof replacement may be a major undertaking, it’s always better to get it done sooner rather than later. Old, worn-down roofing can skyrocket your utility bills due to cracks, holes, and poor insulation.
Common signs that your roof needs to be replaced include:
- Signs of water damage: Unfortunately, once water finds its way underneath your shingles and into your home, it is hard to come back. If gone unnoticed, water damage and moisture build-up will only get worse and require more costly work to be done. In this case, we would recommend a full roof replacement to prevent further water damage from occurring in your home.
- Your roof is showing signs of age: As you’re weighing your options and deciding whether or not to do a full replacement, there are a few things to think about. First, how old is your roof? If the answer is over 15 years old, and your roof is showing signs of aging, it may have served its full time. Some of the most common signs of an aged roof include curling shingles, bald shingles, sagging, moss growth, and roofing debris in the gutter. If this sounds like your roof, it’s time to consider a replacement roof.
- You want to increase its curb appeal: If you’re looking to spruce up the exterior of your home, a new roof will definitely take care of that for you. A new roof will turn heads, making you the talk of the neighborhood. Further, if you ever decide to sell your home, a newly replaced roof will make potential buyers happy knowing they won’t have to worry about it for a few years.
- It's time to make some upgrades: If you haven’t seen the replacement of a roof in a decade or longer, you’ll be shocked at the changes in materials that have been made over the past few years. You can choose from a wide variety of roofing materials and colors to match your home.
A damaged roof can allow air to escape, forcing your HVAC system to work twice as hard. Older roofs are more likely to experience leaks, mold, and other moisture damage after years of exposure to the elements. A damaged roof can also seriously impact the value of your home – would you want to buy a house where it looked like the roof was falling apart? Most importantly of all, your house can never be structurally sound without a solid roof, and a property that isn’t structurally sound puts yourself and your family at risk.
Las Vegas Roofing Installation
In the market for a roofing company to assist you with a new construction project? Then you’ve come to the right place! Professional Roofing Services offers a range of styles, designs, and materials to deliver whatever you’re looking for on your new property. Whether you have more classic architectural tastes or prefer something a bit more modern, our seasoned Las Vegas roofers are equipped with all the latest tools, technology, and products to ensure your new home is just as beautiful as you’ve always imagined. While many contractors claim to offer roofing service, it takes an experienced professional to give you the type of craftsmanship that lasts for years to come. So before you break ground on your next construction project, don’t forget to think about your roof, and give PRS a call.
We offer the following types of high-quality roofing materials:
- Asphalt Shingles
- Low Slope Built Up Roofing and Modified Bitumen Roofing
- Polyurethane Foam
- Elastomeric Coatings
In addition to residential roof installation, PRS also provides commercial roofing installation in North Vegas and the surrounding areas. Our roofing team is available for a range of commercial buildings, from offices, to apartment complexes, to malls, to factories, to hotels and casinos, to foodservice spaces, to banks, and more. Whether your business is looking for a makeover or you’re beginning construction on a new commercial property, you can trust our roofing contractors to deliver the beautiful, long-lasting results you need.
Our Roof Installation Process
We take a few steps to ensure your new roof lasts decades.
1. Assessing the Situation and Planning
Before the actual work of removing and replacing a roof can begin, it's essential to assess the overall condition of your roof and determine if a complete replacement is necessary. Once we have determined the need for a new roof, it's time to create a plan that considers your budget, desired materials, and the timeline for the project.
2. Materials Selection
The materials you select for your new roof will impact the final look, durability, and energy efficiency of your home.
- Asphalt shingles are widely popular for their affordability, ease of installation, and vast color options.
- Metal roofing is an increasingly popular choice, due to its durability, energy efficiency, and sleek appearance.
- Slate, clay, and wood shake are other options that offer unique aesthetics and certain advantages but tend to be more expensive.
We can discuss any other roofing materials you're interested in that we listed earlier as well.
3. Roof Removal
The first step in the actual roof replacement process is the removal of the existing roof materials. This entails stripping away the old shingles, underlayment, and flashing, down to the wood decking of the roof. Our roof installers take care to remove any remaining nails, inspect the wood decking for rot or damage, and replace any compromised sections before the new roof installation begins. Proper disposal of old materials is also our responsibility, and we comply with local waste regulations.
4. Preparing the Surface and Installing the New Roof
Once the wood decking has been inspected and repaired, a layer of leak barrier is applied to prevent water infiltration. This is followed by roof underlayment, which is usually a felt or synthetic material. Then, metal drip edge and flashing are installed to provide protection at roof edges, valleys, vents, and chimneys. Finally, the new shingles, tiles, or metal panels are installed, working from the bottom up in a systematic pattern. Proper nailing and overlapping techniques are crucial to ensuring the durability and waterproofness of the new roof.
5. Cleanup and Final Inspection
After the new roof has been installed, any remaining scraps or debris will be cleaned up. A thorough inspection will then be conducted to ensure the proper installation of all components and adherence to any applicable codes or guidelines. Once complete, we seek your final approval.
Project Timeframe Factors
When replacing a home’s roof, the timeline can vary greatly depending on the scope of the project. Factors such as the size of the roof, weather conditions, material availability, and installation method can all play a part in determining how long it will take to complete the job. Communication between homeowners and our professionals involved in the job is also key when determining an accurate timeline. We always aim to complete the project in as little time as possible without sacrificing quality.
A Note on Underlying Damage:
If there is hidden damage, it may extend the timeline of your roof replacement. It is essential to address problems that arise along the way to prevent them from spreading.
Take Your Roof Service Up a Level, with PRS
PRS holds membership not only in the Institute of Real Estate Management, the National Roofing Contractors Association, and the National Association of Women in Construction, but also the U.S. Green Building Council, because we care about providing responsible, ethical roofing service. We know that replacing your current roof or installing a new one entirely is a major financial commitment, which is why we accept all major credit cards and offer financing options with flexible terms. We also provide cost-tracing and billing cost-breakdown, so you’re never surprised by last-minute fees or hidden surcharges. And we always honor warranties, and even assisting customers with insurance claims. Don’t settle for anything less than professional when it comes to your roof, and call Professional Roofing Services today.
For information on roof replacement and installation in the Las Vegas Valley, call (702) 500-0670, or contact us online.